THE LIFE BLOOD OF ANY CHARITY IS ITS ABILITY TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO SUPPORT IT. AS A NATION, THE BRITISH ARE FANTASTIC AT SUPPORTING WORTHY CAUSES, GIVING AN ESTIMATED £10.6 BILLION EACH YEAR TO CHARITY. MOST OF US ARE INFLUENCED BY THE EVENTS IN OUR LIVES.
Go Commando is run by a group of volunteers from varied backgrounds. Our mission is to provide support to the Royal Marines and their families. There are many military charities offering a wealth of support and services. Our own focus is on the needs of the family.
As a country, we are not on a war footing, yet every day many of our young men are in conflict around the globe or away on training exercise. When necessary, they are risking their lives and their families are living in a climate of unrest, uncertainty, worry; separation and stress: this is in addition to the normal daily pressures of juggling work, children and family encountered by us all.
In this section, we have listed a variety of ways in which you can support our efforts: every penny makes a real difference, so please don’t feel that you have to organise a massive event. Every contribution is highly valued. So read on and, if you feel that you can make a difference, Go For It, with Go Commando!
If your company is socially responsible then in all likelihood they will have either a designated charity or are willing to support individuals within your organisation who want to raise money and often help by match funding! if you think your own company would like to support or adopt Go Commando or just learn more, please do pass on our contact details to the management. Raising funds for a good cause can be fun and we will ensure it is for your company too…
Not everyone wants to or can climb mountains or parachute to raise money. Every event whatever it is helps. Yes, we need to continue to fundraise but our family is as ever grateful for the simple fact that you care enough to take on a challenge. Within the ideas section are a range of suggestions to help you get started. Please contact us if you would like some help to get your own ideas started.
IDEAS FOR FUNDRAISING
THERE ARE NUMEROUS WAYS YOU CAN HELP RAISE MONEY FOR GO COMMANDO AND THEY DON’T HAVE TO BE BIG EVENTS – HERE ARE FEW IDEAS TO GET YOU STARTED:
1. ARTS & CRAFTS DAY 2. ANTIQUE FAIR 3. ART EXHIBITION 4. AUCTION OF PROMISES 5. BABY PICTURE QUIZ 6. BALLOON RACE 7. BARN DANCE 8. BARBEQUE
9. BIKE RACE 10. BINGO 11. BOAT RACE 12. BOOK SALE 13. BRING & BUY SALE 14. BRIDGE EVENING 15. CAR BOOT SALE 16. CAR WASH 17. CASINO NIGHT
18. CINEMA NIGHT 19. CLAY PIGEON SHOOT 20. CRAFT SHOW 21. COFFEE MORNING 22. DINNER DANCE 23. DOG SHOW 24. DANCE MARATHON
25. DISCO 26. DRAGON BOAT RACE 27. EGG & SPOON RACE OR OBSTACLE COURSE 28. FETE 29. FOOTBALL MATCH 30. FASHION SHOW 31. FIVE ASIDE COMPETITION / TUG OF WAR
32. GARDEN PARTY 33. GOLD TOURNAMENT 34. HALLOWEEN PARTY 35. HORSE SHOW 36. INDOOR GAMES / IT’S A KNOCKOUT 37. JUMBLE SALE
MAKE A DONATION
HOW TO DONATE TO GO COMMANDO – IT’S EASY!
CLICK HERE TO OUR JUST GIVING ACCOUNT AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DONATE TO OUR CHARITY. DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE GIFT AID, IT DOES NOT COST YOU ANYTHING IF YOU ARE THE REGULAR UK TAX PAYER AND GO COMMANDO RECEIVE AN EXTRA 25P FROM THE GOVERNMENT ON EACH £1 THAT YOU DONATE.